Windows Phone 8 Formula provides business applications based on the Windows Phone 8 architecture and following the standard style guides as recommended by Microsoft.
Prerequisites: Radarc for Visual Studio 2012, Windows Phone SDK 8.0
Microsoft Visual Studio provides an integrated editor for ADO.NET Data Models. Stored (in *.edmx ﬁles) as XML, this model allows the speciﬁcation of the application’s structure based in entities, properties and relations. Radarc consumes this model to drive the code generation process.
Solution and project structure
- DomainModelling project contains the base model and its corresponding dependences for reading and processing the model. In this formula, the domain model used is an out-of-the-box Microsoft Entity Framework model stored in *.edmx ﬁles.
- WP8App projectcontains the Windows Phone 8 implementation (XAML ﬁles) of the user interface with C# code.
- Services project contains service interfaces and service implementation for CRUD operations (Create, Read, Update and Delete) and query operations (paginated, ﬁltering, search by id, etc.) organized by entity.
- Entities project contains the POCO implementation of the business entities.
- Data project contains a LINQ2SQL datacontext.
Windows 8 represents a paradigm shift in application development, focusing on content and usability. Radarc is here to help developers embrace that challenge with confidence.
Radarc will release a new Windows 8 Metro formula, to provide code generation and software development acceleration, including templates and best practices.
Join us on July 10th in a Microsoft hosted webinar to discover how to introduce yourself to the Metro world.
In this webinar we’ll learn how to use Radarc Visual Studio extension and its new Windows 8 Metro formula, to create enterprise applications in minutes, or migrate them from legacy solutions.
Spanish speakers can register for the event in the following link.